Mississippi Relay Equipment Distribution Program (MREDP)
What is MREDP?
Unfortunately, many Mississippi residents are not able to hear or understand phone communications at a satisfactory level, and as a result may be prevented from having equal access to telephone communications. As part of the service provided by the Mississippi Relay program, a limited number of specialized equipment devices will be available each month to Deaf, hard-of-hearing or speech disabled individuals who require such devices to utilize the Mississippi Relay.
What Type of Equipment is Available?
- Text phone (TTY)
- Voice Carry-Over (VCO) phone
- Hearing Carry-Over (HCO) phone
- Phone designed to assist individuals who has a speech disability
- CapTel phone
- Flasher to indicate the person’s phone is ringing with an incoming call
- Mississippi state resident
- Hard of Hearing, Deaf, Speech Disabled or DeafBlind
- Certified by a licensed physician, speech-language pathologist, or other qualified professionals
How to apply to get an adaptive equipment?
If you meet this criteria, please download and complete the MREDP application.
For more information about the MREDP, contact:
- Videophone: (601) 206-0206
- Office: (601) 936-5012 (Voice Mail)
- TTY: (601) 709-4624
- Fax: (601) 709-4625
- Email: MississippiRelay@t-mobile.com