What is MREDP?
Unfortunately, many Mississippi residents are not able to hear or understand phone communications at a satisfactory level, and as a result may be prevented from having equal access to telephone communications. As part of the service provided by the Mississippi Relay program, a limited number of specialized equipment devices will be available each month to Deaf, hard-of-hearing or speech disabled individuals who require such devices to utilize the Mississippi Relay.
What Type of Equipment is Available?
- Text phone (TTY)
- Voice Carry-Over (VCO) phone
- Hearing Carry-Over (HCO) phone
- Phone designed to assist individuals who has a speech disability
- CapTel phone
- Flasher to indicate the person’s phone is ringing with an incoming call
- Mississippi state resident
- Hard of Hearing, Deaf, Speech Disabled or DeafBlind
- Certified by a licensed physician, speech-language pathologist, or other qualified professionals
How to apply to get an adaptive equipment?
If you meet this criteria, please download and complete the MREDP application.